Ritsema Goes Green…….RECYCLING
Ritsema Associates supports environmental awareness in its business practices and operating procedures by encouraging recycling and waste management. One way we are doing this is by partnering with Armstrong World Industries in a recycling project for acoustical ceiling tile.
It's good for the planet, good for you…and easy to do!
- No landfill fees or dumpster costs.
- Provides early view of potential problems, structural issues, and abatement needs.
- Eliminates confusion and space limitations during demolition.
- Great for the environment.
- Recycling in your construction waste plan achieves LEED credits
Let us show you how!
LEED GREEN BUILDING RATING SYSTEM
The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) was established in 1998 to measure the sustainability and environmental impact of new construction and existing buildings. Building projects must meet or exceed requirements in the following six categories:
- Sustainable Site Development
- Water Efficiency
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Materials and Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Innovation and Design Process
Ritsema Associates works with distributors and manufacturer representatives in determining which products best present green building. Ritsema Associates follows these guidelines in all our building and remodeling practices.
U.S. Green Building Council Website - usgbc.org