ABC is a non-profit construction trade association that fosters the principles of freedom of choice through the merit construction philosophy. Thatâ€™s our mission, and itâ€™s one that we work hard to achieve through the projects of the member construction firms across Michigan. Merit contractors and ABC are dedicated to providing Michigan with high-quality, low-cost, safe, on-time construction. ABC members build commercial buildings, industrial plants, municipal and public works projects, roads and highways, homes, and provide a wide array of construction services. Through innovative programs, ABC and its member contractors are:
- creating more work opportunities providing more jobs and reducing unemployment
- implementing innovative technology and ideas
- using new tools, methods, and materials to enhance quality and safety
- building 75% of todayâ€™s industrial, commercial and institutional construction
- stimulating economic growth
- training future workers through an apprenticeship program accredited by the Department of Labor
- preparing young people for a successful construction career through the School-to-Career (STC) program
- creating a marketplace built on the free enterprise system.
The Grand Rapids Chapter of the Construction Specification Institute (CSI) represents an organization that strives to serve the Western Michigan construction community. CSI members represent a diverse group of individuals from Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Product Suppliers and Representatives, Owners, Distributors, Construction Managers, and also Specifiers. The Grand Rapids Chapter of CSI has been active in the Western Michigan are since 1967.